Here are some pros and cons of this version of Delphi.
- IDE layout is good and similar to Visual Studio and other development environments.
- Quick to run, however this might be due to the PC I am running it on (8 MB RAM).
- Code completion works really well.
- Cost of the product, Delphi is still very expensive
- Help is not complete, have come across some help which requests more information from the user (TDataSet.CopyFields).
- You will need a fairly large screen, working on a small monitor will be annoying.
Soon I will be moving to XE3, which will hopefully have more features and will still be as stable as XE.