- Find a modern hashing algorithm PKBDF2 or Argon2.
- Must allow hash to be salted and the salt to be different every-time.
- Allow for the number of iterations to be specified.
- Previously I have also store a version number with the hash, this would also be a useful option.
- Validation should not require the original salt. Some solutions (one well known 3rd party company) says that you store the hash of the password and the salt in the database.
Does anyone no of any 3rd party components that do password hashing well?